Terms and conditions for chartered cruises
While we want you to have a great time on board the
SS Maid Marion,
we also need to make sure
that you are aware of the appropriate regulations
and the need for additional care as we will be on a boat.
In general we provide dozens of cruises a year
and everyone has a great time.
Then again, occasionally we have a group who feel
that rules don't apply to them and that they can act in ways
that present danger to crew, the vessel or their fellow passengers.
The following terms and conditions apply to these people.
It is expected that all passengers and crew will
• Behave in accordance with the 1973 Lake ordinance
• Comply with appropriate laws relating to the supply and consumption of alcohol as prescribed in the ACT
• Not act in a way so as to endanger either the crew, the vessel or fellow passengers
• Follow instructions relating to the safety and welfare of the crew, the vessel and fellow passengers
Depending on severity, failure to comply with part 1 may result in
• Closure of some areas of the vessel
• Putting passengers displaying inappropriate behaviour ashore at the nearest available jetty
• Early termination of the cruise with no refund
• Calling for the assistance of the water police
Part or all of the bond paid at the commencement of the cruise may be forfeited if:
• Passengers behave in a manner that causes risk to fellow passengers, the crew or the vessel
• Equipment or facilities on the boat are damaged needing repair or replacement
• Safety equipment is inappropriately used
If damage exceeds the initial bond paid, arrangements will be made to pay the
balance before departing the vessel at the conclusion of the cruise.
This payment is to be made within 48 hrs of the completion of the cruise.
Cancellation of a booking must be made prior to 3 (three) weeks before cruise date, or full booking fee will be charged.
If you cancel your booking
at any time, the administration fee will not be refunded.
Download a printable copy of our Terms and Conditions for your future reference.
Please note: Any non-emergency extra stops during the cruises will be charged an extra fee of $50.00.